Hannah Parisa Siboyeh, who worked as a paraprofessional at Labay Middle School, was arrested last week after confessing to investigators that she had the illicit relationship, which she characterized as “one mistake after another,” the Houston Chronicle reported.
Siboyeh, 24, told authorities that she lost her virginity to the former student — who is now in high school — at the school during the summer of 2017 and later had sex with the teen at his house, in a park and at a hotel in Houston, according to the report.
“She admitted that she loved [the boy] with all of her heart,” court documents obtained by the newspaper show.
Police were tipped off about the relationship by an assistant principal in April. The administrator said an anonymous tipster told her about a sexual relationship between a district employee and a male student, detailing a visit to the teen’s house during which the tipster reported seeing the student and Siboyeh lying in bed together. The informant also reported “weird noises” coming from the room while she was there, according to charging documents that reveal additional witnesses also confirmed Siboyeh and the teen were in a boyfriend-and-girlfriend-type relationship.
Siboyeh, who is facing charges of an improper relationship with a student and sexual assault of a child, appeared in court Monday after posting $10,000 bond. She was ordered by a judge to stay away from the boy and his relatives. She must also stay away from any child care facility, school or residence where the boy resides, according to the Houston Chronicle. Investigators recovered several explicit images of Siboyeh and the boy on her phone, as well as video of the two having sex, KPRC reports.
Siboyeh, meanwhile, got emotional after leaving court Monday with her attorney, according to the station. Attorney Robert Kelton said the former paraprofessional, who also worked as a substitute teacher, is very nervous due to the allegations and potential prison time she faces — up to 17 years if convicted on both charges she faces. Kelton also claimed that the boy’s family did not want charges filed against Siboyeh, KIAH reports. Siboyeh, who has since been removed from her position, is due back in court Nov. 11.