NYPD release video of NYC shooting suspects that wounded boys, 3 and 6

Video and photos released by the NYPD early Friday show the two suspects in the shooting inside a Bronx park this week that wounded four people — including two brothers aged 3 and 6. The duo rolled through St. James Park, at East 193rd Street and Morris Avenue, on a scooter just before 6 p.m. Tuesday, cops said.

One of them then got off the ride and sprayed bullets into hundreds of revelers gathered at the park in Kingsbridge Heights during the warm night, authorities said.

The young brothers — both innocent bystanders — were each stuck in the right half, with the youngest victim suffering only a graze wound, cops and sources said.

A 25-year-old man was struck once in the back, while his cousin, 23 — believed to be the intended target, according to sources — was shot in the left thigh, authorities said.

Video released by the NYPD shows the alleged shooter inside an elevator within a building on Field Place, a few blocks from the scene, prior to the shooting.

He is shown after the incident at the corner of East 183 Street and Morris Avenue.

The young boy’s mom, Norma Solis, 32, told  she was walking to the grocery store and the bank with her sons Dylan, 6, and Diego, 3, and crossing the street — when the older boy hit the ground.

“It was horrible,” the shaken woman told The Post Wednesday. “I became hysterical. I started to cry. I couldn’t make sense of it. You always try to be diligent, but then this happens.”

The mom looked down and say Dylan “on the ground, bleeding” she said, adding she didn’t immediately realize her younger boy, who had long pants on, had also been hit.

Solis said that one slug also ricocheted and hit her leg.

“To tell you the truth I have to go out to get some medication and I don’t feel safe,” Solis said. 
Video posted to social media shows the moments after a  6-year-old boy was shot.Both boys were shot in the leg, with the 6-year-old suffering the more serious injury.

“I don’t want to go out into the street,” she said. “A lot of people have come to the door and I don’t want to open the door. It’s completely changed me.” All four victims were taken to St. Barnabas Hospital, where they were listed in stable condition.

Related Articles

Back to top button